Shippers and forwarders should be guided by their consignees and consignees’ customs brokers as to the applicability of the regulation to their shipments. Due to the nature of the requirements, cost for noncompliance and the expense for onshore treatment in Australia will be for the account of cargo and could be significant.
The regulation, in short, requires that all shipments deemed as high risk by DAWR standards be treated prior to loading from high risk origin countries of which the USA is named. With consolidated cargo the rule states that if one shipment in the container is considered high risk, the entire container is considered high risk.
For this reason CaroTrans will require that all shippers review the requirements to determine their shipment’s risk and determine whether the cargo requires fumigation. We will require a signed declaration from the shipper to that effect before considering any shipment for loading.
CaroTrans will be providing fumigation services for LCL at our load ports and gateways, and the below measures will be in effect:
– A completed BMSB form will be required for all shipments.
– For LCL, shipments deemed as HIGH RISK by the DAWR will be subject to the fee of $30 w/m with a minimum of $100 per shipment.
– Sulfuryl Fluoride will be the treatment used.
– Carotranswill fumigate all Consolidated Containers prior to export from the USA
– If your shipment is deemed to be sensitive to the fumigant and CANNOT be fumigated, please contact your local CaroTrans office for alternate service options prior to booking.
For FCL bookings, please contact your local CaroTrans office to obtain fumigation charges.
We appreciate your support. Please do not hesitate to contact your local CTI representative if you have any questions or need additional information.
CTPAT Validation Update (16-March-11) “If your company is already C-TPAT certified and you wish to verify our participant status on US Customs – Status Verification Interfave – https://ctpat.cbp.dhs.gov/login.aspx Carotrans User ID (SVI number) is carCon04805